Hi, everyone! Happy Monday!
HUG A HEART CARD DRIVE
I'm here to share the news of a card drive that starts TODAY for the Heart Center patients at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio!!!
Here is a CliffsNotes-like version of drive details, which is being spearheaded by Christina Hor... whose husband is a pediatric cardiologist at the hospital.
|Debbie Mumm paper|
Distress Ink core paper
Stampin Up too kind stamp
Paper Smooches heart die
- The drive runs from January 16 to February 14.
- Cards should be handmade heart-themed, non-Valentine cards -- with sentiments such as Thinking of You, Hello, or Just Because.
- All cards should be blank on the inside, so that personal messages can be written to the kids by hospital staff members.
- Cards should be mailed to Christina Hor: CHRISTINA HOR; P.O. BOX 517; DUBLIN, OH 43017; U.S.A.
- Please scroll below for more information about the following.
- Card Drive Purpose
- Card Guidelines
- Shipping Details
- "Thank You" Prizes
- Contact Information
- Sharing the Message
As a born-and-raised Central Ohioan and Children's Hospital alumna, I am thrilled to be a part of this card drive. We'd all love for these little heart patients to receive lots and lots of heart-themed cards.
CARD DRIVE PURPOSE
The purpose of this card drive, which runs from 1/16/17 to 2/14/17, is to help collect handmade heart-themed (non-Valentine’s Day) cards, with sentiments such as Thinking of You, Hello, or Just Because, for Heart Center patients at Nationwide Children’s Hospital during February's American Heart Month. Each card you make will bring heartwarming encouragement to all who are affected by heart disease - patients, families and hospital staff.
Christina's husband is a pediatric cardiologist at Nationwide Children's. For a message from Dr. Hor about congenital heart disease, please visit Christina's blog.
We hope that you will be able to join us in this heartfelt cause. The cards you donate will not only brighten a heart patient’s day during February’s Heart Month but will positively impact that child’s life beyond what you can imagine. Anyone is welcome to help make the cards, including children. In fact, we encourage the children to get involved. Children love receiving cards from one another!
Thank you so much for your generosity and gift of cards!
- Participants: The Hug a Heart Card Drive is open to both U.S. and International participants. Anyone is welcome to help make the cards, including young children and grandchildren.
- Deadline: The card drive ends on February 14. All cards should be to Christina by that date to be eligible for prizes.
- Card Types: Cards should be handmade, cheerful “heart” themed (non-Valentine’s Day) cards that are appropriate for children from ages 1 to 19. As long there are hearts on the cards, it counts.
- Card Front Sentiments: A sentiment on your card front is optional. If you do include one, some suggestions are: sending hugs, sending smiles, thinking of you, wishing you a beautiful day, or hello. Please NO Valentine’s Day greetings.
- Inside of Cards: Please do not stamp or write inside the card. Keep it completely blank so the hospital staff can write a personal message to each individual patient. If using a dark colored card base, please adhere a white or light colored piece of cardstock to the inside of card to make it easier for patients to read the hand-written message.
- Card Size: A2 cards (4.25”x5.5”) are preferred.
- Card Backs: This is completely optional. You may include a label “handmade by [your name]; Hug a Heart Card Drive 2017” to the back of your card. The label can be hand-written, stamped, or a small computer generated.
- Envelopes: Please include an envelope for each card. Do not seal the envelope.
- Glitter: Please do not use loose glitter as it will get on hands and into eyes.
- Embellishments: Please keep embellishments to a minimum and avoid using any that might be unsafe for young children.
Please have all cards to Christina by February 14.
Cards should be sent in a box or padded envelope to ensure they arrive undamaged. Please include the following information with the cards so that Christina can acknowledge your gift of cards and enter you in the "Thank You" prize giveaways.
Your Full Name
Cards should be mailed to:
P.O. BOX 517
DUBLIN, OH 43017
"THANK YOU" PRIZES
To thank you for your participation and generous gift of cards, we have several prize packages to give away. To be considered for the prize drawing, please be sure to include a form with your full name, email address and mailing address when mailing in your box/package of cards.
- Heart Panda digi set by Christina Hor: Everyone that sends in cards will receive this adorable digi.
- Hug for You digi set by Donna Ellis: Everyone that sends in cards will receive this generous give from the lovely Donna Ellis.
- Craft Goodie Boxes: Awarded to two randomly selected U.S. participants. Each goodie box has a value of $25 or more.
- $25 Simon Says Stamp Gift Certificates: Awarded to two randomly selected International participants.
- $50 Simon Says Stamp Gift Certificate: Everyone that sends in 30+ cards will be entered into a drawing for this gift certificate.
Have specific questions or need more clarification about the card drive? Contact Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING THE MESSAGE
Please help spread the word with others about the Hug a Heart Card Drive by displaying the Hug a Heart Card Drive banner below on your blog's sidebar as well on social media.
Use the hashtag #hugaheartcarddrive when sharing on social media.
Again, thank you so kindly for your support of Hug a Heart!