In conjunction with heart month, Christina Hor is spearheading the Hug a Heart Card Drive for the cardiac patients at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Since Christina's husband is a pediatric cardiologist at the hospital, she's hoping to warm the hearts of as many of these kids as possible.
- The Card Drive runs through February 14. So, we are at about the halfway point of the Hug a Heart Card Drive.
- That means there's still plenty of time to participate. Naturally, we'd like to get as many cards as possible for the kids in the cardiac unit.
- Please click here for card drive details, including important card guidelines.
My Hug-a-Heart Cards
I have sent the following three cards to Christina. I've made cards to appeal to some of the older patients at the hospital.
My first card showcases a sweet digi made by fellow hop-stopper Donna Ellis. This image is being gifted by Donna to all who submit cards for the Hug a Heart drive.
|Recollections black; Neenah Soler white|
MFT pierced heart STAX die
hearts inked in peacock feathers, mustard seed, fired brick Distress Inks using Ranger blending tool
Winnie & Walter sentiment, heat embossed with Versamark and gold Inkadinkdo powder
Cuttlebug Swiss dot embossing folder
adhesives: Scotch ATG; foam backing
Blog Hop Giveaway
So, what's a blog hop without a prize? Christina is giving away a $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp.
- The gift certificate will be randomly awarded to someone who leaves a comment on all blog hop stops by Wednesday, February 8 (11:59 PM EST).
- The winner will be announced on Christina's blog on Friday, February 10 (8 AM EST).
Blog Hop Stops
This is the seventh stop on our eight-stop hop. Next up is KT Fit Kitty. And, if you've joined this blog hop in progress, we'd love for you to visit all of our Hug a Heart Blog Hop stops.
- Christina Hor
- Donna Ellis
- Lori Kobular
- Sue Drees
- Becky Partan
- Edwina Brown
- Sybrina K <----- you are here :)
- KT Fit Kitty
Send a Smile 4 Kids.
We are a group of card makers, many of us OWH alum, who make cards to help bring big smiles to little faces.
Thanks so much for stopping by and participating in today's Hug a Heart Card Drive Blog Hop. :)