Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

W2CB #31: Just Keep Swimming

Hi, everyone! It's the second Wednesday of the month which means it's time for a new challenge over at Words 2 Craft By. This month's words might sound just a tad familiar.  :)



Source: disneyquotesblog.blogspot.com/

I was wishing I had something Nemo/Dory items in my stash when I came across an adorable Ranger Dylusions on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby. Could this fish face be any more perfect?!


Strathmore watercolor paper, inked in Distress Ink peacock feathers and salty ocean
sentiment on Recollections white, inked in DI peacock feathers
Recollections black; Stampin' Up gray cardstock; SU vellum
Ranger Dylusions under the sea images, stamped in StazOn jet black and colored with Prismacolor pencils
fish image misted with Wink of Stella, fish eyes coated in Glossy Accents
fish outlined in Memento black
original computer-generated sentiment
SU embossing folder; SU film dies; stash sequins
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zots glue dots; Recollections foam squares

Peacock Feathers has to be one of the prettiest inks of all time. I go to it time and time again, and it never fails to bring a huge smile to my face.

This was the first time I had colored with pencils on vellum, and I really liked the way the coral and ocean plant turned out. The softer colors add interest without overshadowing our little fish. The vellum made it easier to fussy cut the images so that the background blue could be seen and the images looked more.... alive.


So, how will you interpret this month's words.... literally, figuratively, or both? Hope you'll swim over to W2CB and play along.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

  1. love this card! I have this stamp! so inspiring! I will have to use him again soon!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sybrina, this card is beyond cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo CASE'ing this layout, Sybrina! I love, love, love how you framed that wacky fish plus using vellum is absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete