Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Monday, January 4, 2016

Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into real trouble.  :)

As the page tab to the right indicates, one of those things is card making. One of the best things about making cards is knowing these works of heart can bring great joy or much needed comfort to their recipients. So...

Send a Smile 4 Kids
... I can't describe how happy I was to learn about a wonderful group of card makers who make cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids.

This wonderful group of crafters donates handmade cards for hospitalized children. I was a patient at Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, for a good portion of my two years of life. I was thrilled to learn about this opportunity to pay forward as a thank you for the wonderful care I received and the many kindnesses shown to my parents during my hospital visits.

 

Ways to Get Involved
As our number of SAS4Kids hospitals grows, our need for cards also grows. The SAS4Kids Web page is full of lots of great information, including shippers' addresses, card guidelines, and card-making challenges. Specific links to a few pertinent pages are listed below.

My Involvement
I started by adding some new kiddie-themed stamp sets to my stash. But, it didn't take too long for me to want to get even more involved. I am soooo happy to have made arrangements with Nationwide Children's to ship cards for the little ones being cared for at our amazing Columbus hospital.

If you would like to donate cards for Nationwide Children's in Columbus, they can be sent to me at the addresses listed on our SAS4Kids Contact Page. Please note that my friend Colleen is accepting any UPS or FedEx packages to help ensure delivery security. However, all USPS packages can come directly to my Pickerington address.


Recent Adventures


Okay, I'm going to try and pin this post so it shows up as the very first post. If I'm successful, and  you want to see what I've been up to most recently, please scroll down to the next post.

Thanks so much for visiting Hope you'll come back soon.  :)

3 comments: