Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Coffee and Cards with Celeste and Deb: Kiddie Cards!

I was so excited when Celeste and Deb asked me to join them as a Guest Designer at their monthly Coffee and Cards collaboration! And, when they told me the month's theme was kiddie cards in honor of Send a Smile 4 Kids.... well, I was doing one serious happy dance!

Thanks so much, ladies, for your sweet invitation... and for your support of SAS4Kids.  :)


I've been working on guy cards for the masculine/Dad's Day box I'm putting together for Nationwide Children's in Columbus, OH. (In addition to making cards for this wonderful group, I am one of the SAS4Kids shippers.)

So, for today's card, I broke out that adorable Lawn Fawn Out of this World stamp set and a few of those amazing Distress Oxides.


Distress Ink core papers; Neenah Soler white; Recollections silver glittery paper
Lawn Fawn out of this world images, die, and sentiment
sentiment stamped in Versamark embossing ink and embossed with Stampin Up white powder
astronaut stamped in Versamark onyx black and colored with Prismacolor pencils
Spellbinders and Stampin' Up! circle dies; ??? star corner rounder punch
SU/Sizzix embossing folder; Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents embellishments
adhesives; Scotch ATG; foam backing
DIY wobbler: glue dots, removable labels, Beadalon 26 gauge wire


Click here for CASE card details!
My wobbler is a DIYer, using a technique that was demonstrated at a Simon Says CREATE Make-n-Take. And, I surely do love Tim's Oxides. My planet's base is Distress Ink dusty concord core paper. These inks must really be mistake-proof if I'm able to make them work. (And, did I mention that this planet was spritzed with shimmer mist... and is way cool!)

Truth in advertising time. My card is a complete CASE of the card at the right, which was made by an uber-talented cardmaker named Toni Maddox... and was spotted in the SOS gallery. Thanks, Toni, for the inspiration. I still like your card's colors and background better than mine!


Okay, so Celeste and Deb always share details about their beverages-du-jour. Celeste even reminded me to take a pic of what I'm sipping on this morning. Well, as a former teacher, I could choose to get my daily caffeine fix from the faculty lounge coffee pot or vending machine. I always went for the vending machine. So, today, I'm sipping on a diet cherry Dr Pepper. Something tells me you don't really need a pic of that. And, as for my sweet little astronaut, I've got a feeling he's gulping down some tang.  LOL


If you haven't yet checked out Celeste and Deb's posts... by all means hop over and see the kiddie cards these two talented gals have made. And, if you'd like to check out the current Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge, please click here.

Again, huge thanks to Celeste and Deb for the invite to get inky with them. They had me at "kid cards".   :)

Until next time, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for joining us. I absolutely LOVE your card !! Might just have to put those Distress Oxides on my "To Buy" list. The astronaut theme is so cute and I love your reference to Tang !! I drank alot of that as a child !! The work you are doing wth Send a Smile 4 Kids is fantastic -- thank you for being involved and giving back through your creativity !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sybrina, I adore this pretty dimensional and glittery card!!! Thank you so much for joining Deb and I this month as our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete