Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Saturday, October 5, 2019

SAS4Kids: Celebration or AG Cards

Hi, everyone! It's the first Saturday of the month... which means it's time for a new Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge! Our DT focus this month is on celebration cards.

I typically make more generic celebration cards so they can be used for a variety of occasions. However, since I was in need of some birthday cards, I decided to design a card that might appeal to a tween/teen. When I was the shipper for Nationwide Children's, I was always extra happy to receive cards for our older patients.

Two things I love about the card below: 1) how nicely the Oxides blended when using make up brushes, and 2) getting to play with my favorite die font of all time.  So, with no further ado....

Stampin' Up! black cardstock; Strathmore watercolor paper
Winnie & Walter big bold happy stamp and die
Simon Says Stamp cute snowflakes stamps
sentiment and snowflakes in Versamark black onyx
ink effects created with various Distress Oxides, make up brushes, toothbrush

Hope you'll stop by SAS4Kids to check out our DT's celebration cards, and then stop back by to link up a kiddie card of your own. While our focus is celebration card, any kiddie card can be linked up to play along with our challenge.

See you in the SAS4Kids Gallery. As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. Make up brushes, huh! I will have to give them a try because the blending on your card is awesome! Nice job!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I have this stamp set and love the beautiful font on it!

    ReplyDelete