August 21, 2015Please click on the video below for information about a new Pickerington Public Library book club that is open to readers of all ages!
Book Club Selections
- September 2015: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- October 2015: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- November 2015: Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- December 2015: The Polar Express by Chris van Allsburg
Ways to Participate
- Meetings will be held on the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM, starting on September 16. If you live in the Pickerington area and would like to reserve a copy of TKAM, stop by the library or call 614-837-4104 (ext 221). To visit the PPL Web site, please click here.
- If you do not live in the area but would like to join us in an online discussion, please check back. We are working to have an option in place to do just that in the next week or so.
- Book vs. Film On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest, how would you rate the book? The film?
- Book vs. Film Which did you do first: read the book or see the movie? Would you have preferred that this order had been different? Why?
- Overview What was the message/spirit/emotion of the book? Do you feel the movie captured this message/spirit/emotion?
- General Impressions What part of the book did you enjoy the most? Was this your favorite scene in the movie?
- General Impressions Have you read the book/seen the movie more than once? If yes, how has your impression of the book/movie changed over time?
- Plot Did the movie adaptation contain changes from the book’s content? Why do you think these changes were made, and how did you feel about them?
- Characters In general, did you like the casting choices made to portray the book’s characters?
- Characters Specifically, which character was your favorite in the book? What did you think about the portrayal of that character in the film?
- Characters [for older films] If a modern version of the book were being filmed today, what actors would you cast to portray the book’s characters?