Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Gear Up for Christmas

Hi, everyone! Hope the week is going well.

Well, the calendar says it's March. Sure couldn't tell that from the snow that fell today in Ohio... and the card I'm sharing for this week's MFT sketch.

The only two MFT items I have with me at the moment are the You Make My Tail Wag and Bionic Bots stamp sets. When I glanced through my WRMK Winter Frost paper pad, I came across some paper that looked a little gear-like -- and it had a little green it. Eureka! Looks like one of my little bots is going to be gearing up for Christmas!  :)

WRMK Winter Frost DP; Stampin' Up, Bazzill, and Recollections cardstock
stamps: My Favorite Things Bionic Bots and Paper Smooches Holly Jolly
inking: StazOn jet black and Distress Ink black soot; coloring: Prismacolor pencils
SU twine; top left circle: SU cupcake punch
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zots glue dots

This little bot's gearing up for Christmas with a tinge of green for his body and a hint of red for his mouth. (I went really light on the red because the color isn't part of the Winter Frost palette.) The sentiment is a combination of MFT Bionic Bots and PS Holly Jolly stamp sets.

In addition to sharing this at the MFT Sketch Challenge, I'm linking up to the Jingle Belles Bundled Up and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog's Touchy Feely Challenges. There are lots of layers, for sure, and the layers -- plus some fussy cut holly leaves and a little twine -- add some texture.

And, something tells me this will be going in the December SAS4Kids box to Nationwide Children's.  :)


Think that's it for now. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

5 comments:

  1. A really unique and fun card for Christmas, Sybrina! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin! I make cards for Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH, and thought this might bring a smile to a bot-lovin' little guy this upcoming holiday season.

      Delete
  2. Snort ... what a super-fun holiday card ... so very glad you got bundled-up with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super Christmas card Sybrina, so original - perfect for a youngster.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. another fabulous holiday card! I love that cute xmasbot!!! thank you for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun! (again!) <3

    ReplyDelete