Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Mojo Monday #438

Hi, everyone! Happy Wednesday.  :)


Do you have a month that is THE birthday/anniversary/special occasion month? We have a couple of those in our family: April, July, and August.

There was actually one summer day when I had spent so much time looking at cards in Hallmark that the clerk asked if I needed help.

So, I decided to save time and money by making my own cards. LOL

 Mojo Monday #438

Today, I have a card inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch. It is a card for one of our April occasions... in this case, a birthday card for my brother.

As you will see, I rotated the sketch to make a horizontal card. Other than that, I stayed pretty close to the sketch -- using a banner in place of the sketch's flower element. I'm happy to report that I this card resembles the sketch much, much more closely than my previous Mojo card resembled its sketch.



Simple Stories take a hike; Recollections and Bazzill black; Stampin' Up! brown; Distress Ink green
Winnie & Walter sentiment, in StazOn jet black
inking in DI vintage photo with Ranger blending tool
Glossy Accents applied to washi-tape-like strips; circles: SU cupcake punch
Some paper collections seem to be easier to layer than others. Once I chose to use this tag, I decided it needed to be placed on top of the darkest shade of paper in the collection. After choosing this brown polka dot paper for the circle element, I chose the orange and white paper as the background layer, thinking that the brown would really pop off the orange.
                                                                         
This tag was printed on a quarter-page embellishment included in the paper collection. Similar to the  file-tab-like embellishment example shown, there were washi-like strips printed on the tag. However, I didn't feel the washi-like strips went well with the dp chosen for the card. So, I cut out a few washi-like strips of my own, coated them with Glossy Accents, and adhered them to the tag element after they dried.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this card. It feels a little busier than my typical creations. Guess all that matters is my brother likes it.  :)

Parting Thoughts

There are so many great challenges to play. Before I sign off, I want to mention three challenges that are near and dear to my heart. Spring Color 4 Kids debuted Saturday over at Send a Smile 4 Kids, and Beautiful Butterflies went live over at Cards in Envy on Monday. You have two weeks to play along with both of these challenges.

And, today's Words 2 Craft By day -- and there are gift certificates to Simon Says Stamp up for grabs over at W2CB. W2CB challenges start on the second Wednesday of each month and run through the first Wednesday of the following month.

Why did I think this was going to be a quick post? Silly, silly me.

Looks like it's time for me to sign off, thank you for stopping, and wish you happy craftin'!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment