There are four ways to join in the Merry Monday #200 fun. For my card, I was inspired by:
- the sketch and
- the inspiration photo -- by its ornaments and its colors.
- The background vellum is actually gold striped. However, the look of its opposite side was perfect for the color palette I wanted to use.
- I played with various colors of three circles in the top right corner and top of the tag, including black circles. I finally went with tone-on-tone circles, limiting my use of black to the sentiment strip.
- I placed some silver sequins around the punched spun sugar ornament to bring a little extra pizzazz to that element of the card.
- Finally, the image in the sentiment strip circle is a combination of Mama Elephant ornaments and a Paper Smooches bow, while the sentiment itself is from Stampin' Up!
I've found myself struggling to find card-making mojo this week -- napping, instead of crafting yesterday and Monday. Even today's card was a bit of a struggle. But, I'm glad I stayed with it because I really did want to get my Merry Monday card done before the gallery closes. LOL... Think I've made cards for two recent challenges but was too late to link up the cards. Sound familiar?!
So, today I am thankful for:
- the return of card-making mojo,
- the wonderful design team we have at Words 2 Craft By and the amazing cards they've made for our April/May challenge, and
- those yummy lunches at Wayback Burger.