Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, June 12, 2016

World's Greatest Dad

Hi, everyone! I'm actually here with a second post. Amazing, huh?!

My first post was for the Rainbow Challenge Hop organized by the uber-talented Sandy Allnock. You can scroll down or click here to see my Paper-Smooches-inspired rainbow card.

The card I'm sharing here is the card I will be giving to my dad next Sunday.  :)

Strathmore watercolor; DCWV neutral mat stack; Recollections black; Stampin' Up! vellum
SU world map background stamp in StazOn jet black
inking in Distress Ink antique linen, vintage photo, and walnut stain with Ranger blending tools
Paper Studio itty bitty gold brads dabbed with Sharpie black marker
SU banner punch; adhesives: Scotch ATG; Recollections foam squares

I love everything about the sentiment strip itself -- that it is a strip cut from the background image and the way the vellum softens the image. I'm still not sold on the two black mini banners. I've tried buttons, some Tim Holtz ephemera, a "you are here" arrow, and hearts. This is the best I've found so far. But who knows what it will morph into before I give it to Dad.

I'm going to link this up at the Simon Says Stamp Father's Day/For a Guy Challenge.

Parting Thoughts

Looks like it might be a pool day here. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

A quick reminder that we have a New Beginnings Challenge going on over at Words 2 Craft By and we'd love for you to join us.  :)

As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. Great masculine card, Sybrina! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete