Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Color Me Crazy

Hey, everybody! Hope you had a good weekend.

It sure has been a tough one for our country. So many people hurting. The challenges seem overwhelming; the chasm, so deep... so wide.

Making cards is about bring joy, hope, and encouragement one card at a time. Seems like a small thing, but it's something. One card at a time...


I'm here tonight to share a card inspired by the current Jingle Belles Color of Christmas Challenge. But first let me give a quick shout-out to one of our SAS4Kids card makers.

SAS4Kids Cards

The cards below came in this week from first-time sender Sherry Chaney of OHIO!!! Thanks so much, Sherry. The kids will love these cards.  :)



My Color-Me-Crazy Jingle Belles Card

So, this week's Jingle Belle Challenge is to make a card inspired by the photo at the right. I initially wanted to make an ombre card. But, then I saw Marianne's and the DT's gorgeous cards and thought, "Yeah, right! So much for that idea."

Then I looked at the picture even closer and was struck by: the red package (with the pretty white bow) under the tree, the white accent pieces, and the light gray wall. So, I came up with a card that a Buckeye would love. (Totally unintentional, I swear. Please, don't hold that against me. LOL)

I opted for a darker gray so that the white-accented packages would really pop. And, I chose to alternate red and green, picking up green from the tree.

Distress Ink (red, green) core paper; Stampin' Up! gray' Recollections black; Neenah Soler white
Hampton Arts images, embossed with Versamark and SU white powder
Winnie & Walter big, bold sentiment, stamped in StazOn jet black
stash gems; adhesives: Scotch ATG; Paper Studio foam squares

So, you can color me crazy, if you want. But, this is what I came up with.... and there's sure to be an Ohio State fan that will love this card.

And, I'm so happy with the heat embossing on this card -- thanks to using my new embossing buddy -- that I'm going to share this in the Heat Wave Online Card Class Day 1 Gallery.  Class just started today, so there's still lots of time to play along.  :)




Parting Thoughts

Looking forward to girls' day out with a friend tomorrow. It will be good to get out and share a few laughs, enjoy a nice lunch.

See you on Wednesday with a new Words 2 Craft By Challenge. Until then, thanks for stopping happy scrappin'!




2 comments:

  1. Your embossing rocks ... love how those presents pop ... so glad you celebrated an ombre Christmas with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, see, i loooooooooooooove how you dug deep for a connection to make a card that's YOUR OWN! and this one sooooo totally rocks! brilliant, missus! ♥ thanks very much for joining in our fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete