Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thankful Thursday and One Wild Pop-Up

Hi, everyone!

I'm here with a pop-up card inspired by the Wild Card Online Card Class. But, first an SAS4Kids card and Thankful Thursday.


As always, I'm thankful for our SAS4Kids card makers.

This week, I received seven adorable Halloween cards, with coordinating envelopes and liners, from Any Jordan of TX. Thanks so much, Amy!





Thankful Thursday

This week, I'm extremely thankful to be safe at home with hubby and pup. I'm also so thankful to hear that our HHI home is fine -- perfectly fine. 

Sadly, the rest of the island has not fared as well. Thoughts and prayers to those rebuilding their homes. Deepest gratitude to all those first responders working to rebuild our beloved island.

A Wild Pop-Up Card

I wasn't quite sure I'd be able to make this work because I don't have any of those easy, peasy pop-up dies. So, for the pop-up insert, I scored and folded as usual, used the cut-out pup to measure the size of my two pop-up elements, and hand cut out the pop ups. This actually worked pretty well, although I think I need to go with a lesser weight paper next time.

The top pic is the front of the card, the bottom is the pop-insert.


Strathmore watercolor paper; Neenah Soler white; Stampin' Up! whisper white; Recollections black
Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs, stamped in StazOn jet black and colored with Prismacolor pencils
background inked with various Distress Inks, applied with Ranger blending tool
original computer-generated words; Lawn Fawn mini snowflake dies
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Ranger multi medium matte; Zig 2-way glue pen; Recollections foam squares

Parting Thoughts

Speaking of pups, we have an adopt-a-shelter-dog-inspired challenge over at Words 2 Craft By... and we'd love for you to play along.  :)

Off to a family reunion with Dad. Going to get to visit with my brother and his family!

I'm not sure when I'll be signing back on. So, have a great weekend!
As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. Super fun pop up card with dog. I don't have any of those fancy pop up dies either, but you made it work without them, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute pop-up card and I just love making cards with those Tim Holtz crazy dogs! Love his party hat too :) So glad your home is still standing through all that chaos! Whew!

    ReplyDelete