Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Brown, Orange, and Kraft... for Kody!

Got a call from an out-of-state aunt yesterday. We don't talk often, and I was initially concerned that she was calling with some bad news... which she quickly reassured me was not the case. But, then her voice started breaking right  before I heard her say... I've got a new puppy.

This is big news in our dog-loving family. Seriously! Big! News!

It had been two years since my aunt and uncle had said good-bye to their beloved Max. I know what a difficult thing this was for them. I was sooooo happy to hear about the arrival of a new fur baby in our family. So....

welcome, kody

I had been mulling over ideas for the current brown-orange-and-kraft color challenge over at CASual Fridays... and making a card to welcome Kanine Kody seemed like a perfect reason to play along.

kraft and brown: Recollections; orange: Simple Stories take a hike
paw print: EK heart punch; Paper Smooches (holly) circle die
Paper Smooches tiny heart, coated in Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents
Paper Smooches stitched dies; computer-generated original sentiment
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way glue pen; Elmer's foam tape



I decided to check out handmade dog cards on Pinterest and was inspired by the card shown here... knowing that I wanted to use a little orange heart in place of the button. However, I had a few challenges when it came to the paw print. I don't know if there's some sort of paw print die out there but, if there is, it's not in my stash. Nor do I have a small oval die/punch. So,  I played around with punches and dies that I had to come up with this little paw print. Not bad... if I do say so myself.

I debated about adding some orange around the popped panel but, in the end, decided to save the orange for that teeny, tiny center heart.

Often times, I look at the card I'm CASEing and my CASEed version and like the CASEed card sooo much better. Surprisingly, I'm actually pretty happy with my version. The only thing I would change would be to add a bit of linen thread across the bottom of the back kraft panel, below the sentiment. But, trust me, that bottom panel's not going anywhere.  LOL

I'm hoping this little card is CASual-Friday-worthy because those DT cards are gorgeous! Regardless, I know my aunt and uncle will appreciate it.  :)


Parting Thoughts

Tomorrow's a huge day around here. My father-in-law is celebrating his 93rd birthday! And, as if that weren't enough of a big deal, our pup is celebrating his 100th human-year birthday. Yep, there's going to be a some serious celebrating going on here tomorrow!

Have a great week! As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card to celebrate a new puppy in the family! My mom would have turned 93 on Friday, the 11th of November, but she passed on in 2008. Enjoy all your family's celebrations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card Sybrina! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete