Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Did Somebody Call for Rudolph?

Hi, everyone!

I've been working on card kit #3 for the Santa Saturday Holiday Card Project. And, while I don't have the eyes done yet, I think I'm far enough along to share this with the Jingle Belles While the Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Challenge.

Core-dinations Chocolate Lovers paper; Recollections white, black, red glitter , and Seaside pack cardstock
Stampin' Up!/Sizzix embossing folder
Santa Saturday kit #3; eyes TK



The cards that the tweens/teens will make at Santa Saturday are going to be given to seniors in nursing homes as part of a church outreach program. So, I wanted to design cards that the kids would enjoy making and the seniors will like receiving. Who doesn't like Rudolph?

This card was inspired by a couple of similar cards I found on Pinterest. After figuring out the sizes and shapes that work, I decided to change up the backgrounds from the sample cards and go with a light blue, embossed background instead. In addition, I added a little bling for the nose.

This Santa Saturday sample card will be headed to SAS4Kids. So, I think I'll link this up for the current SAS4Kids Celebrations Cards 4 Kids Challenge.


Okay, back to the menopause room to work on those eyes. In the meantime, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, I love the sparkly nose.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooo CUUUUTE!!! i love everything about this, but the fact that you're doing this as a KIT for kids to make and then give to seniors is totally blowing my mind, in the best possible way! you are such an awesome "GIVER" to the whole community, i am in awe of how much time you spend crafting for others! <3 <3 <3

    ps: probably also should've said, what a great addition to the JINGLE BELLES christmas critter gallery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card idea ... and what a sweet way to share the joy of the season ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete