Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

W2CB #36: Winter is the Time for Comfort

Welcome to a Words 2 Craft By Wednesday!

Our inspiration words for our December/January Challenge come to us from British poet and critic Edith Sitwell.

Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, 
for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: 
it is the time for home.


We have new neighbors this holiday season. So, these words inspired me to make a first-Christmas-in-your-new-home for Candie and her family, which I'm going to share over at Jingle Belles.  :)

oldie-but-goodie Bo Bunny snowfall; stash acetate
Stampin' Up! brown, heat embossed with Versamark and SU copper embossing powder
Inkadinkado sentiment; Creative Memories oval cutting system
Tim Holtz crinkled ribbon, colored with peacock feathers, tumbled glass, broken china Distress Inks
Paper Smooches holly dies; Simon Says fall flurries sequins; stash button, with colored SU linen thread
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Ranger multi medium; Elmer's foam tape

Hmmm... Wonder how you'll interpret these words? Stop by W2CB to check out the gals' creations and then link up a card/project of your own. 

See you over at W2CB!  

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful ornament and gift, Sybrina! I do love the colors and love shaker-anything :-) That was a great idea and so thoughtful of you and I'm sure your neighbors loved it! I also wanted to say congrats on your DT post at Sparkles - I'm sorry I missed that post, but they are so lucky to have you and your amazing talent :-)
    Thank you for the love you left on my blog...I appreciate that, Sybrina, as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful and beautiful gift for your new neighbors. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it up all year long! I would! Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete