Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

1 < 3 u

Hi, everyone!

I've been doing my very best to get back in the crafting swing of things here this week... making SAS4Kids Valentines for the kids at Nationwide Children's.

It seems so easy to make girlie and little kid Valentines. So, I've been trying to make guy and older kid cards this week. I'm thinking I may have had a little luck with the card below. Hoping I can crank out a few more of these now that I've come up with this design.  :)


Top Flight white; Stampin' Up! black; stash lilac
Paper Smooches teen scene and spreading sunshine images
Lawn Fawn wild wisteria, lavender fields, and berrylicious inks; Versafine onyx black; Distress Ink hickory smoke
tools: MISTI; Stampin' Up! dauber; Ranger mini blender; Fiskars blocks; lots of post-its for masking purposes
adhesives: Scotch ATG and foam backing

laptop screens enhanced with Glossy Accents

I'm going to enter this over at the Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search. As I've said before, hope springs eternal.  :)

I'm also going to enter the following challenges:

  • Chill Out over at Simon Says. Give me a cup of hot chocolate and a good book if you want me to do some winter chilling out. But, as I've learned from my nephews, nothing helps a teen chill out more than putting some techie device in their hands.   :)
  • Darnell's NBUS Challenge #8 -- in honor of her blogaversary. (Congrats, Darnell!) The NBUS items come from the teen scene set. While I'd used the laptop before, the mouse, arrow, envelope, and speech bubble had never been used. As for the optional theme part of this NBUS challenge, this was the first time I'd used small images in multiple colors to create a background. 
Parting Thoughts

A quick reminder that our new Words 2 Craft By Challenge started last week and runs through February 1. We have a couple of Simon Says gift certificates up for grabs and hope you'll join us.

And, a big announecement: A fellow Central Ohioan who shares a love for Nationwide Children's is spearheading a Hug a Heart Card Drive for the patients at Children's Hospital. If you can help out with a card or two or three or thirty (LOL), click on Christina's blog or scroll down a post or two here. 

Have a great week. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!



5 comments:

  1. I love this card Sybrina, perfect for a teen : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who find it challenging making boys/men cards Sybrina! But kudos to you on this design! This is so creative! WOW! Hope you are having a great day despite the gloomy weather we have. I'd love to be indoor with hot cup of coffee and blanket right now, but I got to get the kiddos to their after school activities. Have a lovely evening. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sybrina, this is just too fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny nd so modern. Great card for teenagers of today! Thank you for chilling out with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Sybrina! I have a feeling I'll be CASEing this design in a year or two for the twins! It's just perfect for that age group! Way to go, especially for tackling a NBUS Technique and creating your own cool background ~ you've designed your own DSP!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete