Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Friday, January 6, 2017

Dies, Washi, and Valentines... Oh, My!

Card by Colette
Colette is an amazing Stampin' Up! demonstrator on Hilton Head Island. Not only is Colette a talented crafter, she is a wonderful hostess. Colette welcomes everyone -- full-time residents, part-timers, snow birds, and vacationers -- to her weekly events.

Colette and I exchanged Christmas cards this year.... and she sent the pretty card at the right.  :)

I was really intrigued by the washi/die technique she used. So, when my new MFT heart dies arrived today, I finally broke open that box of washi tape I just haaaad to buy... and gave it a try.


SU black and Recollections white cardstock
MFT Pierced Heart STAX die; Recollections everyday value washi tape
SU good greetings sentiment, heat embossed with Versamark and SU white powder
Cuttlebug embossing folder; adhesives: Scotch ATG, foam backing
Since I used some new supplies and tried a new technique with this one, I'm linking this up at the Simon Says Start Afresh and Simon Says New Something Challenges. Think I'll also link this up for the current CAS-ual Fridays Celebrations Challenge.

Something tells me this little card might be tucked inside of an SAS4Kids Love/Valentine box of cards for Nationwide Children's 



Have a great weekend.... and stay warm!

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'.   :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic, love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turnout out beautiful! I love this technique and I love how the heart pops against the black background.Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete