Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Monday, January 9, 2017

hugs

Hi, everyone!

Now that it's 2017... and my 2016 New Year's Resolution is OVER, the boxes are coming, the boxes are coming, THE BOXES ARE COMING!!!

MFT came last week, Paper Smooches came today, and Stampin' Up! is on its way! Can you tell I'm doing a happy dance?!


Today, I'm sharing one of the cards I've made playing with those oh-so-nice MFT Pierced Heart STAX dies that arrived last week.  :)

Strathmore watercolor paper; Recollections black
MFT Window Staz dies
fired brick, mustard seed, and peacock feathers Distress Inks, applied with Ranger blending tool
black soot, applied with SU sponge dauber
SU good greetings sentiment in StazOn jet black

I'm going to share this 4.25" by 4.25" card over at Simon Says Be Square and Simon Says New Something Challenges.  :)


Parting Thoughts

The Love/Valentine deadline for SAS4Kids is fast approaching. So, those heart dies arrived at a perfect time.

A new Words 2 Craft By Challenge starts Wednesday. Hope to see you over at W2CB.

Thing that's it for now. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

5 comments:

  1. love the inking on this card- those hearts are so pretty :) Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and simple...I need to learn how to do CAS!!! Love your colors! So, curious...what was your resolution for 2016?? Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh, I like these stitched hearts......a LOT! I love the pretty colors you added to them too which is unique, but what I love the most is the simplicity of this design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card and I love the inking on those hearts! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete