Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, April 30, 2017

merry & bright.... an Oxide-inspired card

Hi, everyone!

Well, it's been two days since my mini shopping spree in the Simon Says CREATE store.... and I'm bound determined to not put away those newly purchased stamps, stencils, and dies until they've been used at least once! (Darnell would be soooo proud!)

So, today I played with another new TCW stencil. The Crafter's Workshop is a new company to me... and I fell in love for a couple of their stencils, including the one shown at the right.

Inspired by the "five golden rings" portion of the Twelve Days carol, I decided to feature five of these lights to play along with the Jingle Belles' My True Love Gave to Me challenge.

Strathmore watercolor paper; Stampin' Up black
TCW stencil, images inked in StazOn jet black
Distress Oxides fossilized amber, broken china, fired brick, worn lipstick, iced spruce; Distress black soot
SU good greetings sentiment, heat embossed with Versamark and SU white powder
accents: Pretty Pink Posh sequins and Wink of Stella pen
adhesives: Scotch ATG; foam backing 
At a CREATE make-n-take session, I watched Tim play with his Oxides. The whimsical design of the stencil and the recent purchase of some Oxides, inspired me to play outside of my typical crafting box. Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. Tim's words of wisdom to be patient and stay with it -- drying between layers, encouraged me to keep at it. He swore that the Oxides are mistake-proof... and he may just be right.  :)

I'm also going to share this at the Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge.

Parting Thoughts

Don't forget about our Words 2 Craft By Challenge. Our linky is open through Wednesday.  :)

Have a great week, thanks for stopping, and happy scrappin'!



7 comments:

  1. AMAZING card, love the images! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You achieved and absolutely gorgeous effect with those inks ... and a super-fun take on our 12 Days of Christmas at Jingle Belles ... so glad you joined us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to be at CREATE!! Love your work here with the new oxide inks! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great stencil, love what you have created, something different for a christmas card and that sentiment really makes it work l love it
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I love this card Sybrina! I need to CASE this with a stamp set that I have with Chinese lanterns. (I'll give you full credit for the idea) This is so cool! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh! this is BEYOND cool, missus! what a clever take on "5 golden rings"!!!!! and of course you've used those oxides to PERFECTION!!! (i confess i'm tempted by them now!) thanks for joining in our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's thinking outside the box and so perfectly. Great card!

    ReplyDelete