- moms took first-day-of-school photos at neighborhood bus stops,
- members of a local church treated McDonald's lunch patrons to free meals, and
- our mail carrier delivered new crafting goodies from MFT.
All wonderful things. All things that would have been at the top of most all Thankful Thursday lists.
Yet, this week, things seem different... feel different... are different.
This week, I'm thankful for...
- the courage of a grieving mother who embodies grace, preaches forgiveness, and vows to continue the fight in the face of unimaginable pain,
- candlelight piercing the night sky at the University of Virginia, and
- "ordinary" citizens, elected officials, and corporate leaders who demand more of their country's president.
May God bless America, sweet land of liberty.