Seems like forever since I wrote a Thankful Thursday post. I either forgot it was post day altogether or didn't remember until late in the evening when I was dog tired. But, tonight I made a point of remembering... for a pretty special reason.
Over the holidays, my dear 94-year-old father-in-law fell. It was a full day before we knew. (Turns out those alert buttons don't do a whole lot of good if your loved one isn't wearing his/hers.) So, we've been working to ensure he's getting the care he needs while facilitating the logistics of several moves: apartment to hospital, hospital to rehab, rehab to assisted living. We are so very thankful that my father-in-law is responding well to his medical care while adjusting to his new living arrangements.
So, tonight I'm thankful for:
- wonderful emergency responders,
- supportive caregivers... including amazing nurses,
- one really kind, dedicated cardiologist,
- professional movers,
- family friends who have made it a point to visit my father-in-law in his new residence,
- hubby's leave-no-stone-unturned determination to get the best care possible,
- my father-in-law's resilience and positive attitude!
Hope to see you tomorrow with a couple of chickie cards. Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!