I'm so excited to be sharing two cards inspired by Darnell's first Twofer Card Challenge!!! What a great idea for a challenge blog.
Congrats, Darnell!!! Hope to play along with future prompts as well. And very glad DTers used birds so that I was able to play along this time.
- For my cards, I used the Stampin' Up! stamp set shown at the right.
- I used the two chicks and the small eggs, and their accompanying dies.
- At least one image on each card was stamped in MFT hybrid licorice ink, and some of these images were colored with Prismacolor pencils.
- A hand-drawn squiggly line was added to both stamped scenes.
- The stamp set screams Easter. (I actually purchased the set to make secular, fun Easter cards for kids at a local Children's Hospital.) So, I challenged myself to make two non-Easter cards using the chick and small egg stamps/dies.
- I also challenged myself to make cards with two distinct styles.
- Card 1: This card is as CAS as I get. It has a very strong color scheme, featuring a predominantly black and white scene, with color used sparingly to accentuate the lone egg-stra special chick.
- Card 2: This card is much colorful, using some fun MFT dp. It also contains a more detailed scene, inking some color to the background itself.
- The small eggs were stamped on different surfaces.
- Card 1: The eggs were stamped on black cardstock and heat embossed with Versamark ink and SU white powder.
- Card 2: To give a balloon-like effect, the eggs were stamped on inked vellum.
- Card 2 The following additional items were used to create a birthday scene: a banner string (SU Any Occasions), a present (Mama Elephant Reindeer Games), a birthday hat (Lawn Fawn Monster Mash), and banner strip (Paper Smooches Border die).
- Finally, since the cards are for occasions, they have different sentiments.
- Card 1: The sentiment is from the stamp set previously shown. I thought it would be good for a tween/teen patient.
- Card 2: The sentiment is a birthday-ish sentiment from the MFT Farm-Tastic stamp set.
Sorry for such a long post. Looks like Darnell really got my mojo going. LOL If you made it this far, thanks for hanging with me. :)
Okay, I'll be short and sweet here.
- Don't forget about the Words 2 Craft By Challenge. You have until February 7 to play along... and there's a gift certificate up for grabs.
- Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!