Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Saturday, March 31, 2018

You Are Unforgettable

Hi, everyone! Happy weekend!

I'm here to share a card inspired by the current  My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge. I switched out the square with a circle because... this little image was just crying out for a circle. 

The card below also was inspired by the current CAS-ual Fridays Spring Fever Challenge. When I think of spring, I think of:

  • baby animals;
  • painted toenails, just like this little gal's pink paw nails;
  • soft colors;
  • flowers;
  • and leaves, like the ones that I see in this stencil's design.
Since this little gal is going to a children's hospital, it's gem-sequin-brad-embellishment free. Just paper -- really well attached paper. And, I've gotta say I'm soooo happy with the way this focal point image turned out. Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of coloring.  :)




Stampin' Up! very vanilla and blushingnbride cardstock
My Favorite Things adorable elephants images and sentiment
images stamped in Versamark black onyx and colored with Prismacolor pencils
sentiment stamped in MFT gray steel and Versamark, heat embossed with  Simon Says clear powder
inking in various Distress Inks
Nestabilities circle and scallop dies
SU decorative mask, heat embossed with Versamark and SSS clear powder
adhesives: Scotch ATG and foam backing

Think I'll link this up at the current Cards in Envy No Patterned Paper and Simon Says Anything Goes Challenges.

Parting Thoughts 

Click here for card details.
More exciting challenge news to share... My little yo-ho-ho card was one of three featured in today's Paper Smooches post! Gotta say I was soooo surprised and did a major happy dance. Thanks so much to PS and PS DTer Savannah for selecting this card.  :)

A quick reminder that our Words 2 Craft By Challenge is open to entries through Wednesday. There's a $10 gift certificate up for grabs. Hope you'll join us.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

  1. Aw how cute is this elephant! I love the soft background too! It's perfect for our "no patterned paper" challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sybrina :-) the little elephant is adorable and I love the colours and embossed background, simply perfect! I a sure this will cheer a child up in hospital, what a lovely idea :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what an adorable card! Thanks for playing along CAS-ual Fridays Spring Fever Challenge. DT Lisa

    ReplyDelete