Yep, still working on those Father's Day cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids. The deadline to get cards to one (or more) of our shippers is May 15... and I finished up my last guy cards this afternoon. Whew! Now to find a box to pack them up.
Four of today's cards are being sent to shipper Anne. The design was inspired by the current Sketch Saturday sketch. As you can see, I played with the sketch a little because.... the tennis shoes felt like they should be on the right and the banner felt like it should be closer to the top. Hope that's okay.
While the result looks pretty CAS, the process for creating the white-red stenciled wall and focal-point tennis shoes was fairly involved.
- Cut out card base and separate card front.
- Masked off position of tennis shoes. Then used decorative mask and embossing paste to create brick-wall background. Set aside to dry -- and went to lunch. :)
- Stamped tennis-shoes image in black before heat embossing it with clear powder. Then colored it using a water brush and SU ink.
- Cut out circular sketch image from embossed panel, and set it aside.
- Colored the embossed bricks on the larger stenciled piece using Ranger blending tool.
- Attached larger stenciled piece to card base.
- Cut out two circular pieces and trim their edges. Adhered these to card base (to pop up tennis shoe circular element). Then, adhered tennis shoe element.
- Printed original sentiment and attached to card.
Words 2 Craft By Challenge started up today. We'd love for you to check it out and play along.
Until next time, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!