Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Thursday, February 14, 2019

One Last CIE-Inspired Card

Hi, everyone! Happy Valentine's Day to all!

It appears all good things really do end... even in card-making challenge blog land. So, it is with more than a twinge of sadness that I am sharing my very last CIE-inspired card. Yep, this is the last challenge for what became one of my favorite challenges. Even when I didn't have a chance to play along with the Cards in Envy gals, I regularly stopped by to see what fun theme Sandy had going on.

While I should be posting a heart-love-inspired card, I'm sharing a flower-mom-inspired card instead. In order to get Valentines to our SAS4Kids kids by February 14, those cards have long been sent. And, crazy as it sounds, Easter cards are almost done. But, when I saw the sketch being used for this challenge, I immediately thought of three big flowers, a mom sentiment, and a tiny flower with two itsy, bitsy leaves.


Stampin' Up! dp gingham and solid cardstock
My Favorite Things stitched flowers and Paper Smooches flower dies
flower centers: SU owl builder punch
MFT sentiment, heat embossed with Versamark ink and Simon Says white powder

HUGE thanks to Sandy and all CIE designers past and present for six years of wonderful inspiration. Here's hoping to see you all in blogland. 

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day evening. Until next time, happy scrapping and thanks for stoppin'!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sybrina! It looks fabulous with our sketch. Love the colors! Thank you for your wonderful comment on the blog. It was a good run and I'm happy to honor Denise with this challenge. Thanks too for sharing your card with us for our final challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your gingham paper you used on this card for our last challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks for sharing it us with us. We have certainly enjoyed ALL of your cards you have entered over the years :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad that this will be the last challenge! I do love your card my crafty friend...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I love the pop of the yellow flowers against the purple gingham background xx

    ReplyDelete