Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Thursday, February 9, 2017

ewe are loved

Hi, everyone! Happy Thursday!

I'm here today to share a couple of cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids -- the first of which was inspired by the current My Favorite Things Sketch.

Using the sketch for inspiration, I first chose a medium-sized MFT heart die and then chose an itty, bitty lamb. I originally planned to go with a Paper Smooches Courteous Cutie lamb, but it was just a tad to large for the heart die.

I did, however, use a Courteous Cuties 2 sentiment.


Without further ado, here we go...

Card 1: MFT Sketch 319
Stampin' Up! cardstock; Recollections Paddywhack dp; Recollections black
Close to My Heart Animal Greetings lamb in StazOn jet black, colored with Prismacolor pencils
Paper Smooches Courteous Cuties 2 sentiment, heat embossed with Versamark ink and SU white powder
stamped hearts from Simon Says Cute Snowflakes
My Favorite Things pierced heart die; SU baker's twine
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Recollections foam squares; foam backing
Card 2

Card 2 close-up
So, I'm thinking these will make sweet cards for a little one to receive... or give to a mom, aunt, grandma. Best of all, there's still a lamb and heart on my craft mat waiting to be adorned on a card base.

In addition to sharing this over at MFT, I'm going to link it up for the following challenges:




Parting Thoughts

Our February/March Mardi-Gras inspired challenge started up yesterday over at Words 2 Craft By. Bobbi's chosen some great words for us to craft by this month. Hope you'll join us.  :)

Have a nice evening. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!



8 comments:

  1. This is beyond adorable Sybrina! I love that sweet little lamb and the fun polka paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards make me smile. They're so cute and I love the choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card, love the cute little sheep. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sybrina! Your cards are darling! I love that sweet little lamb. Must check out "Courteous Cuties"! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy's "Be My Valentine" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card - such a cute image, love your take on this week's challenge.
    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards, Sybrina! The Love Ewe one is so cute and perfect for our challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun sentiment! Great card:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun- hope you play along with our March challenge that starts tomorrow <3

    ReplyDelete