Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Background Online Card Class: Herringbone Backgounds

Hi, everyone!

Well, it's Day 5 of the Background Online Card Class for me. And, I was really intrigued by the embossing folder technique.

So, I used a herringbone folder to create two panels.

Canson watercolor paper
Stampin' Up!/Sizzix embossing folder
Distress Ink black soot applied using SU sponge dauber

Since I haven't peeked to see what Day 6 holds, I'm not sure which of these panels I might use. Depending on the technique, I may go back to the card on the left and add more consistent and/or darker inking. And, I may consider using this folder to create similar panels on colored paper.

Looking forward to Day 6 techniques.


Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment