Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Online Card Class: You are amazing

Hi, everyone! Hope the weekend has been great!

Loving, loving, loving this class. But, I'm just now starting Day 6 techniques. This afternoon, I found a little time to make a card from my white-on-white embossed background.

Canson watercolor paper
Stampin' Up!/Sizzix embossing folder; Winnie & Walter sentiment
"you" heat embossed with Versamark and Inkadinkado gold power
SU twine; adhesive: Scotch ATG

Love the elegant look of this card. While this sentiment certainly applies to our class teachers, this card is going to a good friend who's headed back to school in the next few days -- starting a principal-ship at new school. Linda is truly one of those unsung everyday heroes... and one awesome lady!

Confession time: The "are awesome" part of the sentiment ended up being crooked when I stamped it directly on the un-embossed strip at the top of the card. So, I re-stamped the sentiment on a separate piece of watercolor paper and added it to the card.

I thought about adding a small embellishment on top of the twine bow, as Laura did. But, ended up preferring the look of just the bow.
 
Parting Thoughts

There's a new Words 2 Scrap By challenge went live yesterday, and a new Cards in Envy challenge goes live tomorrow. Two great challenges sure to inspire some crafting fun!

And, I'll be back on Tuesday with some news from Send a Smile 4 Kids!

But, truth be told, I'm most excited to visit with my brother and nephews. They're in town for a whole week, and I can't wait to see them.  :)

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment