Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, February 28, 2016

JB All Bundled Up

Hi, everyone! It's great to look outside our window and see sunshine! What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

Well, even though a good number of us are ready for Spring, it's Christmas all year round at a number of challenge blogs. Over at Jingle Belles, Stephanie and Lauren have bundled up their cards with lots and lots of layers.

 Hope you're not tired of these adorable reindeer from Mama Elephant because they're back again today. And, I have a feeling they'll be making lots more appearance here this coming year... because I just can't get enough of them!   :)


Stampin' Up! dp and cherry cobbler cardstock; Bazzill white; Strathmore watercolor paper
Mama Elephant reindeer games, colored with Prismacolor pencils
SU good greetings sentiment, stamped in StazOn jet black
cherry Stickles; Recollections foam squares; pennies and nickels
inking of snow bank tops, using Distress Ink black soot and a Ranger blending tool

Not quite sure how many layers this card really has. Guess it depends on what counts as a layer. Looks like I need to make a fairly deep envelope for this card. LOL

But, I do know there are two sliders here. (If you're new to slider cards and think you'd like to make one, click here to find lots of images and videos.) I'd made sliders before... but never more than one slider on any one card. So, I thought I'd create a pair of sliding, gliding, skating reindeer.

I made my paths a little wider -- for easier sliding -- than usual because I thought the reindeer could handle the extra width. Because of this, I used a penny and a nickel on both gliding reindeer so they wouldn't skate right out of their paths. 

In addition to the Jingle Belles challenge, I'm linking this card to the current Anything Goes 4 Kids over at SAS4Kids and current Anything Goes Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.

Finally, I'm going to link this up to two new Christmas-themed challenges that are listed on the Jingle Belles blog but are new to me. The current challenges at both Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge and Winter Wonderland call for sentiments. Here's ho-ho-ho-ping these little reindeer skate their way right into the hearts of the designers at these two challenges.

Parting Thoughts
 
There are two more days to enter the current Words 2 Craft By Heart's Devotion Challenge. We'd love for you to join us. As our blog title indicates, we are equal opportunity crafters at W2CB. All inspiration-word-related projects are eligible for challenge wins and prizes. 
 
And, there's one more week to play along with the current Cards in Envy Tickled Pink Challenge. While CIE is specifically a card challenge, we've recently removed the A2 size requirements. However, cards still need to be flat enough to fit inside a standard envelope.
 
Any fellow movie lovers out there? Will you be watching tonight's Oscars broadcast? I surely will be... and am planning on making a card or two while the broadcast is on.
 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. This is just adorable - love those little critters!!!
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool concept, and I love how you colored them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those skating deer are too cute! I only ever made one slider card before and I wasn't very good at it, so I stick to plain cards! lol This one turned out very nice, and who wouldn't adore those cute little faces? NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oh my ... how absolutely fabulous are those little dancin' reindeer ... so very glad you got all bundled-up with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun card and sweet images. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S.DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 270 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, don't know about ho ho ho !!! To me this is definitely fun fun fun !!! Love the little reindeer you have used, and the double slider is a great idea. Thanks for playing along with our 'Add a Sentiment' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, and hope to see you joining us again
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool and clever and totally adorable holiday card! I love those reindeer & NO I can't imagine getting tired of them! thank you for joining our jingle bells fun! <3

    ReplyDelete