Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Monday, February 29, 2016

Taking a Leap...

Hi, everyone! Happy February 29! It's always cool to say that.

So, how are you celebrating this "extra" day? Think going to a post-Oscar movie is in my evening plans.  :)
 
Taking a Leap Into the Unknown

I just loved today's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge. What a great idea to suggest that we take a leap in honor of Leap Day.

As you might know, I make and ship cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids. So, I've not only recently purchased kid-friendly stamp sets -- like the You Make My Tail MFT stamp set, I've also leaped into the world of coloring images -- investing in a set of Prismacolor markers.

However, until today, I've only shared cards at tried-and-trued challenges. I've not linked up to a new challenge blog in a long time.

So, today, I'm taking a leap to a new challenge blog. The card below was made for the current MFT Sketch Challenge. Guess I'm also taking a leap making a card that actually resembles the sketch. LOL!



Stampin' Up! brown cardstock and Party Basics dp
Distress Ink core; Strathmore watercolor paper
MFT You Make My Tail Wag sentiment and image, stamped in StazOn jet black
image colored with Prismacolor pencils
heart and circles: SU owl-builder punch; Creative Memories corner rounder
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way pen; Recollections foam squares

In addition to the MFT Sketch Challenge, I'm linking this little pup up to:
Parting Thoughts

There are two days left to play along at Words 2 Craft By. Appropriately enough, participants and followers have the opportunity to win MFT gift certificates. And, you have until Sunday to play along with us at Cards in Envy.

Think that's it for today. Hope to be back with a Mojo card later this week.

Until then, thanks for stopping, happy scrappin', and Happy Leap Day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Thank you for playing along with Simon Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie, Sybrina ... such a great expression and fab colouring ... those wee paw print embellies are just so sweet! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete