Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Saturday, February 20, 2016

W2CB #26: My Heart's Devotion Mid-Challenge Post

Hi, everyone! I'm here today with a friendly reminder that there's time to play along with our W2CB My Heart's Devotion Challenge.

This month's inspirational words come to us from Mark Twain.

I can promise all my heart's devotion; 
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow;
A love that's true and ever growing;
A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.


I hope today's card reflects the third line in our quote. My intent was to make a card with a vintage feel that could convey a special message on a romantic occasion or a thank you for a dear friend.


Strathmore watercolor paper
Stampin' Up! Pretty Thankful images and Good Greetings sentiment
StazOn jet black; Distress Inks peacock feathers, picked raspberry, vintage photo
Versamark embossing ink; Recollections gold embossing powder; gold UniBall pen
asdhesives: Scotch ATG; Recollections foam squares

Hope you'll stop by W2CB to check all our Inspiration Team's cards and play along with our challenge. There are a few gift certificates up for grabs!   :)

You can click here to go to the original challenge post.
 
Parting Thoughts

Okay, I love to shop and hubby loves to save money. So, we've finally found a shopping hobby that we both love -- consignment and thrift store shopping! Who knew?

Today I found a great crafting apron. I've been looking for one for awhile. (I refuse to use my autographed-by-Tim-Holtz Ranger apron from SSS CREATE 2014... Sad, but true...) The apron I found is cottony and colorful with three great pockets. The selfie -- my first ever -- doesn't do it justice. And, the best part -- at least as far as hubby was concerned -- was the price of $2!


Think that's it for today. Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment