Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, February 21, 2016

JB Text Me!

Hi, everyone! The uber-talented gals over at Jingle Belles have a fun Text Me Challenge going on. They are encouraging us to use any and all things texty to make a Christmas card.



Since I never quite know what to do with all those cool tags/borders/embellishments that KaiserCraft includes with its 6" by 6" paper pads, I challenged myself to use one of those on my card.


KaiserCraft Merry & Bright; Distress Ink walnut stain
Stampin' Up linen thread and Balger gold blending filament
Uni-Ball gold pen; hearts: SU owl builder; circle: cupcake punches
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way pen; Recollections foam squares

After I decided to use one of the gold-foiled papers in the collection, I wanted to add a few subtle gold elements on the card. So, I added gold blending filament to the linen thread bow, and I wrapped the blending filament around the top and bottom of the thin cream strip. (I'm trying to do something new with every card I make. This was the first time I'd used blending filament with thread/twine... and I think I'll be using more of it on future cards.) I also used a gold pen to highlight the shape of the tag.

I played with several tiny accent elements - including gold-embossed ones -- before deciding to go with simple walnut-stain-paper circle and hearts. Other possibilities seemed to take the focus from or be overpowered by the Kaiser tag, which I really wanted to keep as a strong focal point.

Parting Thoughts

W2CB's My Heart Devotion Challenge is accepting entries until March 2. There are gift certificates -- and a Guest Designer spot -- up for grabs. Hope you'll stop by and play along.  :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. I was just staring at those same tags (from a different collection) having the same thought ... obviously you came-up with a perfect use for a tag ... so very glad you got TEXT-y with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you've DEFINITELY found exactly the right use for the gorgeous tag... what a great card, i love it! thanks for joining our texting fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete