I'm back today with a one layer card -- inspired by the current for the Anything Goes 4 Kids Challenge over at SAS4Kids. My card was also inspired by the SOS Create a One Layer Project Challenge. :)
- The image was stamped on the watercolor paper and then stamped on my Maco label.
- A Maco label with a cut-out circle was placed over the card base. Then a wash of DI peacock feathers was applied using a Ranger water brush.
- The cut-out circle mask was replaced and the outside mask was removed.
- Next, the PS sentiment was heat embossed in DI black soot with clear powder. However, the result was a little grayer, and not quite as crisp, as I had hoped. So, I used this result to inform subsequent coloring and stamping decisions.
- While the circle mask was still adhered, DI picked raspberry was applied using a Ranger blending tool.
- Once I was happy with the raspberry pink inking, I removed the circle and image masks, touched up the peacock feathers wash, and colored the sweet PS image with Prismacolor pencils.
- An assortment of a MACO label, a sticky note, and a scrap sheet of paper was used to mask and ink the grayish black border in DI black soot.
- Finally, PS hearts were stamped in StazOn jet black. (By this point, I'd decided my black soot was more like chimney ash. But, actually, the muted black worked really well with the card's other colors.) So, I used gray, white, and black Prismacolors to mute and blend the hearts.
Finally, think I will link up this little guy up to the Paper Smooches March Guest Designer Search.
There's a week left to play the current Words 2 Craft By Challenge. W2CB's My Heart Devotion Challenge is accepting entries until March 2. There are gift certificates -- and a Guest Designer spot -- up for grabs. Hope you'll stop by and play along. :)
Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!