Three Things and A Story
Today I am grateful for:
- morning walks with hubby,
- kisses from our thirteen-year-old pup, and
- the amazing Kim Hughes at Paper Smooches.
When Bobbi and I were starting Words 2 Scrap By (now Words 2 Craft By), Kim was one of our earliest supporters. She even offered up a PS Ahoy, Matey Stamp Set as a prize for last September's Talk-Like-a-Pirate Challenge. :)
My CIE Card
Our challenge for the next two weeks is to make cards featuring flowers and/or fantasy elements. I chose flowers.
For my card, I decided to finally get around to using that gorgeous gotta-have rose die from Paper Smooches. :)
|DCWV La Crème, brights, and neutrals matstacks; Bazzill black|
Hero Arts sentiment, heat embossed in black soot
Paper Smooches single rose die
tiny circles: Stsampin' Up cupcake and owl builder punches
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2 way glue pen
- I sure wish you could reach out and feel this card because I love the richness of this paper, including the cardstock used for the rose.
- The rose's colors are gorgeous against this black and neutral palette.
- The sentiment's font and length seemed perfect for this horizontal strip. (And, I never have a get well card on hand when I need one.)
- In the end, I went with a pretty simple design -- with very few elements -- to let this gorgeous rose be the undeniable star of this show.
There are still a couple of more days to enter the Words 2 Craft By She Began to Fly Challenge. We'd love for you to stop by and play along... and maybe pick up a Simon Says Stamp gift certificate along the way. :)
Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!