Regardless, it's a college-basketball-final-game Monday! I really don't have a horse in this race, so I'm hoping for a closer game than the Saturday games.
Three Things and a Story
It was an absolutely gorgeous day here. Temps in the 70s, nothing but sunshine and blue skies, and a light breeze. Let's just say it was a perfect afternoon for a walk on the beach.
So, today I am grateful for:
- skies so clear it seems possible to see forever,
- a fabulous whole-family-project sand castle, and
- pups who love a leisurely stroll with their masters.
... No, It's Super Dad!
When deciding what to make today, I started the morning with a challenge blog hop. And, the result is a card that a little one at Nationwide Children's can give to a dad. (Please note, the current challenge at SAS4Kids is to make mom/special female cards. I'm just a little off schedule with this particular card.)
Today's Mojo Monday Sketch was a key inspiration for today's card. When I saw the sketch, I immediately thought of a red and white background and a blue field of stars.
Hubby had mixed feelings about this one. He liked the little super hero. However, he didn't think that the sentiment was clear enough. Gotta love his literal view of the world. :)
In addition to Mojo Monday, I'm linking this up to the following challenges:
- Shopping Our Stash's Something for a Big or the Biggest Boy... since it's intended to be given to a special dad by a little one,
- The Male Room's Magic/Fantasy Challenge, and
- Anything Goes over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.
The new Flowers or Fantasy Challenge went live this morning over at Cards in Envy. There is a Mom/Special Lady Challenge going on over at Send a Smile 4 Kids. And, there are two days left to play along with the She Began to Fly Challenge at Words 2 Craft By. :)
Enjoy the game tonight, college hoops fans. It'll be the last one we see for a while. Just wish the tip was a little earlier.
Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!