Our challenge for the next couple of weeks is Just Us Girls. Just in time for Mother's Day, we're looking for feminine cards.
- Mother's Day cards are actually difficult for me to make since both of our moms have passed. So, for my card, I decided to make a card for Send a Smile 4 Kids. I thought this is a card that would be perfect for a tween/teen to receive or for a girl to give to a mom, sister, friend.
- It's been a while since I made this, and I've posted other attempts at coloring in the meantime. However, this was my very first coloring -- ever! And, I was pretty pleased with the result -- pleased enough to try my hand coloring a few other images.
- The starbursts were computer generated, fussy cut, and mounted on fussy-cut red cardstock.
- The sentiments were also computer generated. To add a little interest, I went with two different fonts. But, I'm thinking the second font might've been a mistake because I couldn't get a larger size to work inside the Word text box.
- Other than that, I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Hope you'll join us over at CIE. Remember cards need to be flat enough to fit/mail inside an envelope.
Did you hear the news about our fearless leader at CIE? Sandy's been selected to the Graphic 45 DT! Congrats again, Sandy, on this well-deserved recognition. You're going to do amazing things, and Graphic 45 is soooo lucky to have you!
There are a few more days to play along with us at Words 2 Craft By. The April/May challenge ends on Wednesday, and we'd love for you to join us. :)
On a personal note, it's been nearly thirty years since my mom's passing. Love you, Mom. Miss you, mom. Today's card is dedicated to you.
Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by.