It was a hot one here today. Wow! One thing's for sure, I'm quite glad that I'm not on the team painting Dad's house. :)
I was hoping to have a Crazy-Dog-inspired birthday card to share by now. The great news is that the card has been started. But, it's still on my craft sheet.
- First of all, I love this little guy -- and the stamps inked up beautifully.
- I also love the background. My original thought was to go with a brown doggie. So, I went with a Distress-Inked green background to complement a little brown pup.
- However, I'm now having second thoughts about coloring the this pup. Instead, I'm thinking about adding a touch of gray around the edges and a few red accents.
- So, what do you think? To color or not to color?
Even though I don't have a finished card to share, I wanted to be sure to post today. You see, today was the Summer Reading Finale at the local library -- an opportunity for our young readers to play some games, decorate a picture frame, visit a face painter, run an obstacle course, and toss some water balloons.
One of the things for which I am most thankful in this retirement phase of life is the luxury of volunteering at our local library. While helping out at this evening's event picture-frame craft event, I was thankful for:
- the sound of little voices, especially those little voices that said "thank you,"
- a little one's unbridled joy when discovering the magic of magnetic tape for the first time,
- the tween boy who, while attending with younger siblings, made it perfectly clear that he hates arts and crafts,
- the little girl who reminded her parents where the face painter was located when leaving the picture frame room, and
- the enthusiasm, patience, and professionalism of our library staff.
So, maybe I'll have a finished Crazy Dog card to share tomorrow. Hmmm.... seems like I've said that before. :)
Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!