Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

with heartfelt sympathy

Hi, everyone! Hope it's been a good week.

I'm here with a quick post to share a sympathy card. Sadly, I've needed to make a number of these recently.

Strathmore watercolor paper; Recollections black
Simon Says Stamp trellis stencil
Paper Smooches (graceful beauties) sentiment
stencil pattern and sentiement heat embossed with Versamark and Stampin' Up! white powder
Distress Inks: milled lavender; seedless preserves; chipped sapphire, applied with Ranger blending tool
Paper Smooches stitched dies
border inked in StazOn jet black
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Paper Studio foam circles 

I've come to really like this combination of Distress Inks and this trellis pattern for sympathy cards. For this card, I didn't tape down the stencil. Instead, I just punched away with my Versamark pad. The pattern turned out uneven and choppy, and it's a bit of a refreshing change from my typical obsessing over every single element.

And, I'm absolutely amazed at the difference that this embossing buddy makes. Sure wish I would've invested in this little gizmo a loooong time ago.  :)

Going to link this card up to the following challenges:



Parting Thoughts

Not sure if I'll have a card to share tomorrow. But, I hope to be back with a Thankful Thursday post.

There are a couple of more days to play along with the current Cards in Envy and Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenges. Our Words 2 Craft By Just Keep Swimming runs through next Wednesday, August 3.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful-- love the color combo also. I struggle with sympathy cards, so I try to make them before I actually need to-- thank you for the inspiration, and I'm sorry you've needed them, too. Thank you for sharing at SOS: stitched panels are a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that's really loooooovely! & you're the 2nd person this week to rave about the "embossing buddy" so i guess i'm going to have to ask The Google what it is, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, perfect for a sympathy card and I love the background you've created with the stencil! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that embossed, distress inked background! What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love your background
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete