Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Lucky Number 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 (aka 13)

Hi, everyone!

Boy, it's been busy the last couple of days. Good busy, but busy. So busy that I've been plumb worn out at the end of the day. Who knew retirement could be so exhausting?! LOL

Fortunately, I found a little time to play with paper this afternoon. My original plan was to make a playful thank you card to send in my next box of SAS4Kids cards for Nationwide Children's. But, the end result was a card that I think would be perfect for a PPL librarian who is retiring this week after 31 years of service to the Pickerington community.

Nothing fancy in terms of new techniques or sophisticated design. Just a little inking and masking to create a heartfelt thanks for a special librarian who is really going to be missed by PPL patrons.


Strathmore watercolor papers; Stampin' Up! black cardstock
Simon Says Stamp letter tiles, stamped in StazOn jet black and masked with removable labels
Distress Inks peacock feathers, mustard seed, and picked raspberry, applied with Ranger blending tools and an SU decorative mask
DI black soot, applied with Ranger mini mister and a toothbrush
Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbons; SSS fall sequins
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Ranger multi medium matte; Zots glue dot; Recollection foam squares

I'm going to share this card over at the Shopping Our Stash Stand Up and Be Counted Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp It's Hip to be Square Challenge. (It's a big day for me at SSS. I'm actually using products from the featured company -- in this case, SSS -- on my card. Woot, Woot for me!

Parting Thoughts

Meeting with my Stamp Club gal pals tonight. We are going to practice ink blending. I've packed up my back with lots of Distress Inks, Ranger blending tools and sponges, and scrap papers to share the joy of Distress Inking with my friends.

Really think I need to get to a little housework tomorrow. Maybe the cleaning gods will reward me by providing some clarity about a pumpkin idea that's trying to work its way out of my and onto a card.  :)

Our Words 2 Craft By A Single Step Challenge is still going on. It runs until the first Wednesday in September. So, there's still plenty of time to link up a card/project -- and maybe win one of those MFT gift certificates.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Sybrina: Your card is a hoot, I love playing Scrabble, it's fun and challenging, your librarian friend will definitely love it!!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so sweet! Of course a librarian would love this-- anyone with a love for words! (I am a librarian, and I think my library needs a scrabble board!)
    Thank you for also sharing the number-love at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the "stand up and be counted" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, love the scrabble tiles !Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an ingenious way to add numbers to your adorable card! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, that's just such a clever and fun way to work numerals into this beautiful card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (numberical) STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete