How's the holiday weekend going? Yesterday was our family get-together today. So, I've spent a good part of the day laboring over a kiddie Halloween card. Now laboring over a card.... that's my favorite kind of labor. :)
- For this card, I started by stamping the ghosts in StazOn on vellum... using masking tips shared by Sandy Allnock that can be found here. Then I worked on a front panel and cut out the circle shown in the Sketch Saturday sketch shown at the right.
- Next, I fussy cut out my ghosts and placed them between two layers of page protectors, adhering them to the back layer with carefully produced glue dots.
- Then, I taped the background paper for the shaker part of the card to the card base. The paper shown is the second one I tried. (The first choice is shown at the right.) I switched to this paper because the multi-colored, wavy pattern better shows the "transparent", floating-in-air quality of the ghosts.
- Next, I decided to turn the card into a shaker card. As the card at the right shows, I didn't start off mak a shaker card. But, I'd just gotten this pack of sequins in a much-appreciated goodie bag from SSS and really liked the result when they were added to the mix. It seems like the sequins showed off the "transparent" aspect even more. I actually went with a double layer of foam tape for this shaker card. Retired, frugal me doesn't usually do this. But, the double layer seemed to accentuate the floating-in-air effect. LOL
In addition to Sketch Saturday, I'm going to share this card at the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp's use-a-stamp challenge over at its Monday Challenge Blog... in honor of Stamptember,
- Simon Says Stamp's anything-goes challenge over at its Wednesday Challenge Blog,
- the August Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday use-a-stamp challenge,
- Cute Fall or Halloween Cards 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids, and
- saving the best for last... Darnell's NBUS Challenge #7!
New challenges started today at Cards in Envy and Send a Smile 4 Kids. There are just two more days left to play along with us at Words 2 Craft By.
Enjoy the remainder of the weekend, and have a great week. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!