Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thankful Thursday

Hi, everyone! Welcome to this week's edition of Thankful Thursday.

This week, I'm thankful for friends... old and new.

  • Yesterday, my dear friend Linda was in town for an educational in-service. I couldn't type "yes" fast enough when she invited me to join her for lunch before she headed back home. We had a nice visit, and I was so happy to hear that her school year is off to such a good start. Linda and I have been friends for 35 years and, now that she lives several hours away, we treasure any and all opportunities to catch up in person.
  • Today, the Brown Bag Book Club met at the local library. These are all ladies that I met when retirement afforded me the luxury of attending the monthly lunchtime book club. It's always fun to get together and talk books with these fellow book lovers.
  • Tomorrow, I'm meeting with new friend Christine, whom I met at a craft show about a year ago. Christine recently hosted a card making event for our local Ronald McDonald House and, following a tour of RMH, Christine and I decided we wanted to do more for the families staying at the house. So, we're meeting to plan possible RMH activities.  :)


SAS4Kids

As always, I'm thankful for and overwhelmed by the generosity and creativity of our SAS4Kids card makers. This week, I've received cards -- including the ones pictured below -- from Sherry, Nicole, and Corine. Thanks so much, ladies, for your support of Nationwide Children's!

from Sherry!

from Nicole!

from Corine!

I recently sent a transition-to-fall box of cards to Nationwide Children's, and am in the process of preparing a Halloween box.

Parting Thoughts

I hope to be back with a card tomorrow. I have an idea in mind for a Halloween card that would meet a couple of challenges. But, we'll see how the afternoon goes.  :)

Speaking of challenges, did you see a new challenge started yesterday at Words 2 Craft By? There are SSS gift certificates and a Guest I-Teamer opportunity up for grabs.

Have a great Friday. Until next time, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy week Sybrina! Glad you were able to get caught up with old and new friends alike. Love all of the great SAS4Kids cards...they all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete