Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Monday, October 3, 2016

Wild Card: Shaped Card

Hi, everyone!

Turns out I'm crafting from the road -- with a limited stash, consisting of Christmas stamps and dies. So, when I found out that tomorrow is the first official day of retirement for a good family friend.... Well, I wasn't quite sure what to make for Amy.

Luckily, Debby Hughes provided some much needed inspiration -- in the form of a shaped card video -- in today's OCC Wild Card class. Thanks, Debby!


Strathmore watercolor paper; Recollections black cardstock
Nestabilities scallop die
mustard seed and peacock feathers Distress Inks, applied with Ranger blending tools
SU good greeting sentiment, heat embossed with Versamark and SU white powder
SU gold thread; Darice sequins
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Ranger multi medium matte

Click HERE for card details.
This is actually my second post for the Wild Card class. My first card is shown at the right.

Crazy, right?! But, I'm not so sure what the rest of the week holds. So, I thought I'd jump on this while the jumping was good.

Feels like it's time to call it a night. Until next time, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!







3 comments:

  1. Love the shape and the zesty colours, beautiful card..

    Hugs Babs :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Sybrina! Love the inking you did on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea for a retirement card, simple but pretty

    ReplyDelete