Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Krafty Sparkles Christmas

Hi, everyone! It's the first of the month... which means it's time for a new Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

Our theme for this month, which was chosen by Jane, is A Krafty Christmas. We're looking for cards that incorporate kraft.



For my card, I took some "krafty" paper from a Recollections brown variety pack... because my kraft stack appears to be running pretty low after all those December card-making activities. Guess I need to place a paper order. In the meantime, I hope this is "krafty" enough.


Recollections nostalgia value pack; Stampin' Up! lost lagoon
Simon Says cute snowflake (aka -- by me that is -- flurries of love) stamp set in Distress Ink walnut stain
spatters: Hero Arts unicorn pigment, applied with toothbrush spritzed with Ranger mini mister
dies: SSS A2 curved edge; Paper Smooches scallop and stitched; Winnie & Walter big, bold love cutaway
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way pen; Ranger multi medium matte

The card above was inspired by a card Kim Hamilton posted for a CASual Fridays Challenge last fall. A few details:

  • This was my first time to stamp in color on kraft. Thanks to a trick shared by Jennifer McGuire (to stamp first with white pigment ink) and my MISTI (for those oops I need to restamp moments), I was willing to give this a try. 
  • When I saw a little white peeking through/under those blue snowflakes, I decided to spatter white pigment over the entire card base; snowflakes. 
  • The top layer of the word "love" was cut from card-base kraft paper that had been smeared in DI walnut stain.

Hope you'll join us over at Sparkles Christmas.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card dearie. Love your design too. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - and thanks for the tip about stamping in white first, I wouldn't have thought of that
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sybrina,
    Thanks for the warm welcome to the DT! Love your card, such a 'modern' design and the walnut snowflakes with the pop of blue work so well together. Great tips on how to stamp in colour on kraft too,
    Have a great February, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your card, well yes I do. Craft and snowflakes a good combination. Good job. I'm always looking for cards that don't have many layers, but are still gorgeous. You did it!

    ReplyDelete