Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Thankful Thursday: "I missed my nap for this."

If you've stopped by for a joy-filled post about card making, please feel free to scroll on down.

But, in today's Thankful Thursday post, there are just a couple of things I need to say.



Has anyone else been watching TV and asking what the #$%^ is going on? Aren't we all Americans -- Americans who passionately love our wonderful country?

Senators Bob Dole and Ted Kennedy were fierce adversaries who loved this great land with every fiber of their beings. They were political rivals willing to put partisan politics aside and work on win-win compromises to help red and blue state citizens. How I miss those days... That's the America for which I am nostalgic.


Today, I am thankful for Americans who stand up for their beliefs....

  • Americans who work quietly, out of the limelight... volunteering for local non-profits, making donations to favorite causes, or signing online petitions;
  • Americans who advocate a little more publicly... e-mailing governmental officials or posting respectful opinions and analyses; 
  • Americans who advocate far more publicly... attending marches (like the young mother and her child with a sign that read "I missed my nap for this. It's that important") or participating in acts of non-violent civil disobedience. 
.... and hope, with every fiber of my being, that we can once again engage in respectful, policy-driven dialogues that help us embrace our fellow Americans... and produce win-win outcomes for all people.


1 comment: