Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Monday, February 20, 2017

Ho Ho Ho

Hi everyone! Hope it's been a great 3-day weekend.  :)

Gotta say the Jingle Belles have come up with another great challenge: It Came Upon a Midnight... Clear. (How ever do they think of such creative names?)

Nothing says clear on a card to me like a shaker card. And, when I saw the current Sketch Saturday sketch, I knew the top portion was perfect for a shaker element.



Recollections Santa's Belt dp; Stampin' Up! black; Top Flight white
computer-generated Word Art sentiment
SU baker's twine; Pretty Pink Posh sparking clear and black sequins
red and gold shaker fill punched from Distress Ink core and Recollections glitter paper
tools: EK hole punch and Paper Smooches Courteous Cuties "bubble" dies
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Miracle Tape; Elmer's foam tape; Zots glue dot



I included this Santa-themed paper in my travel stash... just in case. When the top part of the sketch screamed "HO HO HO" to me, I knew I had the perfect paper for that diagonal strip.

I'm still not sold on the twine... because I'm a little concerned that it's not strong enough for the dp. However, I don't have a die to cut these two trapezoidal elements. (Sorry... sometimes the former math teacher in me just sneaks out.) So, I had to cut the window element by hand, and it wasn't as clean of a cut as I would've liked. (There's that math teacher thing again.) So, I added the border twine to create cleaner lines.

All in all, I think it's a pretty fun card that an SAS4Kids tween/teen might enjoy receiving.  :)

Parting Thoughts

Big thanks to all who have played along with us at Words 2 Craft By. Our challenge is open to all Celebration cards/projects through March 1.

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

4 comments:

  1. I think the twine was the perfect solution for a slightly wonky edge ... and the shaker is such a clever use for that sketch ... so glad you shared your *CLEAR*ly fabulous creation at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome shaker card Sybrina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually LOVE the border of twine!!! i also think this is the PERFECT take on that sketch, a BRILLIANT rendition of a shaker card and the best use ever for the santa's belt washi that i own but have never figured out quiiiiiite how to use. until now. ;) not to mention a FAB addition to our, "midnight... clear" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the twine! And I love your shaker card. What fun!

    ReplyDelete