Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Friday, March 17, 2017

W2CB March April 2017

Hi, everyone! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

There's a great challenge going on over at Words 2 Craft By! Our words for our March/April challenge come to us from an old Irish proverb:


A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.


My card was made for a stamp-club buddy who gifted me with several sets of nesting dies, including the frame dies used on the card shown below. (Thanks again, Mary Anne! I use your gifts all the time!)


Graphic 45 celebrate paper
Paper Smooches botanicals 2 images, in Stampin' Up! tip top taupe, and coordinating dies
gifted nesting dies (MFT? SU?)
Kelly Purkey lucky die
computer-generated original sentiment
Really Reasonable Ribbon gold thread; stash SU pearl
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Xyron; Zig 2-way glue pen; foam backing

a quasi New Year's resolution to decorate card interiors...

... and envelopes (using SU envelope liner die)

In addition to being the first time for using these nesting dies, it was also the first time to use new Paper Smooches botanicals 2 dies, the "lucky" word die and a Xyron of my very own. The color for my computer-generated text was based on the rgb values of Tip Top Taupe, which I slightly darkened.

While I didn't make any "official" New Year's crafting resolutions for 2017, I am trying to do a little bit more with envelopes and/or card insides. For this card, I made a point of doing something with both.  :)

I came across the dp at Tuesday Morning. This might be the first Graphic 45 paper I've ever used. I don't typically "do vintage," but I LOVE this paper collection.

Think I'm going to link this up for the following challenges: Simon Says Handmade Flowers, Simon Says Bit O' Green, and Shopping Our Stash Luck O' the Irish.


We're hoping you'll join us over at Words 2 Craft By. Even after St. Patrick's Day, there are still lots and lots of ways to go with this quote. You could feature friends, blessings, all things Irish, ... or a combination of two or more of these.  :)

See you over at W2CB, Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'! And, have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card for some lucky friend. Love that die and the sweet little bouquet of flowers.
    Thank you for sharing with SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Sybrina! I love the envelope too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful card! Great design. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love you did the envelope too. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit O Green Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete