Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

W2CB #41: Springtime = Party Time

Hi, everyone! It's the second Wednesday of the month, which means it's time for a new Words 2 Craft By challenge. This month, our quote comes to us from Robin Williams.

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's Party!"

I decided to make a spring-y card to celebrate a dear friend's birthday. For my card, I chose to play with those new Distress Oxides.... and tried to channel my best inner-Jennifer-McGuire when creating this colorful background. Gotta say my Oxide backgrounds are turning out much better than my typical Distress Ink backgrounds. The trick really is drying between ink applications.   :)

Strathmore watercolor; Stampin' Up! vellum and black cardstock
Hampton Arts image in StazOn jet black
Distress Ink Oxides (worn lipstick, fossilized amber, broken china)
Simon Says you matter sentiment, heat embossed with SU white powder
SU bitty banner punch; Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Ranger multi medium matte; foam backing; Zots glue dots

There are lots of ways to play along with this one. You can make a card or another type of project. And, you can go with spring, party, and/or Robin Williams as your jumping off point. See you at W2CB!

As for me, I think I'll link this up for the birthday challenge over at CASual Fridays, which is celebrating its own sixth birthday this month. Congratulations, ladies, for six wonderful years of inspiration.  :)


7 comments:

  1. Love your card, Sybrina, and you did a great job with your DOX backgrounds! Don't you just love them??? Your friend will love her beautiful card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just stunning with those torn panels and the beautiful background! I love how you placed the sentiment panels too - very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card my crafty friend! I love the way you tore the paper and vellum and popped the focal panel up for great depth and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is gorgeous and I love that torn edge, Sybrina. Beautiful card! Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sybrina--beautiful card! Your background & coloring of the flower is really lovely! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mix of colours! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays for our 6th birthday challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many amazing details on this card, from the spot on background to the torn vellum, to that delicious flower! I just love this. JM would be proud! ;0 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete