Today's card is a beach-y, vacation-inspired card that will probably go to hubby for his upcoming birthday. :)
- I started by creating a Stampin'-Up-inspired sentiment in WORD.
- Then, I cut out a banner in Neenah white banner and inked its edges in Distress Ink salty ocean, peacock feathers, faded jeans, and broken china to achieve a color that matched my sentiment.
- The striped panel and banner were inked in Distress Ink abandoned coral using an SU decorative mask, inking up the paper on which the sentiment was printed.
- The gray panel between the striped panel and the card base was stamped using the SU hardwood background stamp in Distress Ink hickory smoke to add a tone-on-tone pattern.
- The banners were positioned on the gray panel so that the stripes aligned with the striped panel.
- Finally, a decorated key tag, a Tim Holtz stash embellishment, and some SU Baker's Twine were positioned near the sentiment to add additional interest and texture.
- Simon Says Stamp's Let's Take a Vacation and
- Sketch Saturday #468. I hope the gals don't mind that I used a banner in place of the shown shape.
There's a love-inspired challenge -- think weddings, anniversaries, new babies -- going on at Words 2 Craft By. We'd love for you to join us.
See you tomorrow for Thankful Thursday. Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!