I'm sharing two cards inspired by the current Twofer Card Challenge theme of pets.
All three of our dogs have been terrier mixes from local rescues. So, it seemed only right to feature a little terrier in these cards... who just happens to be my favorite of Tim's Crazy Dogs.
- Yappiest Birthday Ever is an 18th birthday card for my nephew. In this scene, the little pup can't believe how many bones he's received as gifts.
- 'Tis the Season will go to a fellow dog lover this Christmas. Here, a little pup is caught in the act right after taking a bite of some tempting holiday wrapping.
I did a little masking here. Okay, I did a lot of masking. LOL
|'Tis the Season mask|
- Yappiest Birthday Ever: For starters, virtually every bone was masked to stamp the next bone. Then, the pup and his party hat were masked to get a good placement for the hat. Finally, the pup and bones were all masked to ink the sky and grass, starting by using the mask shown at the right.
- Trust me, I can't even begin to count the hours spent on that birthday card. But we only have two nephews, and the older one is turning 18 this month. Boy, where does the time go.
- 'Tis the Season: The sentiment is masked from one of the MFT Happy Pawlidays sentiments. Pretty standard masking. However, the real masking challenge for this card was creating the gift's ripped wrapping paper. I've made a similar card before. So, it was a little easier this time around. But, it still requires just a little precision and a lot of patience. This is definitely going to someone who really loves dogs.
- Needless to say, both of these were labors of love.
Thanks to Darnell and her team for another fun challenge... that really pushed me to go the extra mile on a couple of special cards.
The April/May Words 2 Craft By challenge is inspired by thoughts of spring. Hope you'll come by, check out this challenge's words... and fab DT cards, and come back to link up a card/project of your very own. :)
Have a great week. Until next time, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!